October 6, 2009

Lisa's Big Adventure

In an effort to help get the word out about Lisa and also to help further work on her rehabilitation, I decided to bring Lisa to the Bearded Collie Club National Specialty this year. Lisa is entered in the annual Rescue Parade where she will represent the Red Hat Society Ladies by wearing her red hat. I had some apprehensions at first at how she would do during the 18 hour trip, but I would soon discover my fears were unfounded. Lisa handled the journey like a pro and as if, she had been doing this her whole life. Amazing!

We arrived, checked into the host hotel and set up camp in our hotel room for the week. Lisa has adapted to all of it without skipping a beat. She's taken to all the people and dogs like a duck to water. Lisa got a good dose of lovin' on by some folks and ate up every bit of it. I don't think her smile could have gotten any bigger. As I shared her story with people, it seemed to make them want to pet her that much more!

1 comments:

blogdog said...

She's a beautiful soul, and we're all enriched by getting to know yu and Lisa!

Post a Comment