January 31, 2010

Tula @ Kamp Kimmy

Ok, it's been 3 weeks since Tula came to Kamp Kimmy and she has settled in nicely. She has firmly put the boys in their places and let them know exactly where the boundaries are. I love it when a dog can speak good dog language! At first, it had me concerned and worried that she might not be good with others, but my fears were quickly relieved in seeing the 3 all interact. I say 3, because Lisa doesn't do much interacting with the other dogs. She mainly does her own thing and everyone else leaves her alone to do it. Though, I must say, that lately Lisa has been interacting more with the boys than she has in the past. She will occasionally sniff them or get right in the middle of whatever they're doing. The boys both look after her, too; it so cute.

Tula has been great with Lisa. It's usually an eye-brow raising thing to watch girls interact. In my experiences with dogs, I've had more girl-girl disputes/fights happen than those between the boys. However, Tula has treated Lisa with respect. It's nice to see that. It just adds to list of beautiful qualities Tula has. We've discovered a few things about Tula since she's been here both good and areas for development. She is a neat dog and a real lover. I need to find her a home before she becomes a permanent resident here!! And letting her go will be a bittersweet moment, in which my husband and I will probably cry like little babies. That's the beauty of dog rescue. So let the tears come. I know the joy she will bring that lucky forever family will be incredible.

2 comments:

Kris said...

How is Tula doing, haven't seen a post recently and was just wondering
Kris and Crew

PlanetBeardie said...

Tula's doing wonderful. Still haven't found her a home yet, been turned down by families who have re-evaluated their lives and decided the time was not right. I'm perfectly fine with that, better them tell me now then 2 weeks later. ;-) I actually respect families more for walking away because they are actually being responsible! What a novel concept!

Sorry for not posting, my life's been a little crazy. Hope to have something up soon. Lisa's made some interesting changes in behavior that I want to write about! Good stuff! Thanks so much for asking about Tula. :-D That's so sweet of you.

Post a Comment